BricksMortar.co.uk is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 05th April 2018.
Personal Information Collected
When you visit, use the contact form or submit your interest on the Website, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, including;
- your name, contact details, email address
- information about your property or personal circumstances as a Seller, Landlord, Tenant, Licensee or anyone interested in a property or the products & services offered by us
- your postcode, first line of address, preferences and interest’s other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- information from any correspondence that you have with us as well as your IP (internet protocol) address and cookies which may uniquely identify your browser or account. This will help us with verification and identity.
Collectively, we refer to this as “Your Information”.
All of the areas on the Website where you might enter personal information assume your agreement and consent (or otherwise) to our use of your Information. We always use the most recently submitted information or form to reflect your current consent status.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Provide you with access to all parts of the Website and supply the services and features that you have requested
- Internal record keeping, including record of your communication to help resolve any issues that you might be facing
- We may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Website or any of our products and services
- Where you have consented, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who has access to the information you provide, or we collect?
We retain access to all personal information that we have collected from you. Where any of our products and services are available via the site or the software of our partners, those partners may have access to your Information. Their use of your personal information is governed by their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of any other sites, even if you access them using links from the Website. We therefore recommend that you check the policy of each site that you visit and make sure that you are comfortable with the terms of such policies before providing any personal information.
If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your Information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
If we offer or supply a service to you that is provided on our behalf by a third party we may have to pass your Information to them in order to deliver the service. By using the Website and Online Platform you consent to us providing your Information to the third parties licensed by us to provide such services. We may also use third parties to provide services on our behalf which may include processing (but not using themselves) your Information e.g. to complete partial addresses or to augment the information we hold about you. In either case, we will not pass your data to anyone who is not also registered with the Data Protection Act or is not subject to these or similar provisions in our contract with them and we will not allow the third party to use your Information commercially without your consent.
We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your Information to any third party without your permission unless we are required to do so by law.
Registering your interest
When you register your interest on the Website you may be required to provide personal information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. You can change and update this information at any time by contacting us email@example.com
We follow strict security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed, or disclosed to a third party without your permission (unless they are providing services as outlined above and to prevent unauthorised access to it. The computers that store the information are kept in a secure facility with restricted physical access and we use secure firewalls and other measures to restrict electronic access. If we are working with third parties we will require them to have in place similar measures to protect your Information.
All of the information we collect or record is restricted to our offices. Only employees and Licensees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. We will explicitly ask you when we need information to identify you. We may require you to co-operate with our security checks before we disclose information to you. You can update the personal information that you give us at any time from within the Online Platform.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or for as long as is required by law.
Excel Property (Cheshire) Limited trading as www.bricksmortar.co.uk is also on the Data Protection Registration, with the Information Commissioner’s office.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under The General Data Protection Regulation, known as a subject access request. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us as the above address, or email email@example.com
- You may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that such information is accurate and kept up-to-date. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time as we add new services or features or in response to changes in the law or our commercial arrangements. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on the Website.
The information contained in the Website is subject to change without notice.